Staying Safe during covid is important to us
As many businesses have done, we are instituting pandemic policies for our customer base temporarily. As a family farm, we have cared for an elderly parent in our home, so we fully understand concerns about spread of the virus. We will follow CDC recommendations to the extent they apply to us AND we will sanitize items purchased before storing them.
If you order online, and are local (or can meet us somewhere locally), we will bring it to you at no charge.
- Local includes the Ann Arbor/Ypsi area to the north, Monroe to the east, Saline to the west and Dundee to the south.
- We will set up a delivery day each week when the weather is not at freezing level (to protect the jam and honey products – popcorn isn’t affected by freezing). We will inform customers who have ordered when we are delivering and try to keep the delivery day consistent each week (Ex. Every Thursday).
- We will deliver to your porch or doorstep and let you know it has arrived, so there is no contact.
- **Important: If you order online for a local delivery as defined above, check pick-up, not delivery, or you will be charged delivery fees. Then place a comment that you would like us to deliver.
- If you are not local, you may have it shipped as usual (we ship via US Post Office).
- If you choose to stop by the farm, we will arrange a time with you and the product will be placed on our porch for you to pick up, so no contact is made.
- Payment may still be made via cash or credit/debit card, though a card transaction is safer at this point.
- Cash payments are not accepted if you are not going to be present for the delivery.
- We may or may not have the ability to make change at any given time, so please use exact change, if paying cash.
- We will insure that all products are cleaned with CDC approved sanitizing methods and that our hands are washed appropriately or gloves are used before handling anything.
- The same hand washing procedures for the virus are the requirements in the kitchen, so we wash often and have a clear understanding of what is necessary.
- We will be permitted to utilize the commercial kitchen at this point.
- In the case that we cannot utilize the commercial kitchen to create more product, we will temporarily revert to making small batches at home under the cottage law, which requires face-to-face sales. If we do that, we will maintain a safe distance while you collect the product, but still give you the opportunity to see us and ask questions.
- We cannot ship cottage product, as we cannot be face to face.
- We currently have plenty of commercial product on hand for most items.
This is a living document and may change as need dictates. Updates will be posted to our website and social media pages.